Thank you for supporting a rider owned and built company!
WARNING AND DISCLAIMER:
Safety is always #1. Hauling bikes at highway speeds is a serious task.
DO NOT ignore any warnings.
Failure to follow warnings and instructions may result in serious injury or death, vehicle incidents property damage and void the product warranty.
WARNINGS AND ADVISORIES
1. DO NOT use this rack with any non-LOLO swingouts, hitch adaptors or extensions as this will jeopardize ground clearance, add wobble and damage parts and pads. This will void the warranty. We've seen them fail and it's not fun.
2. Use with a class C or larger RV, motor-home is prohibited. Use on any trailer is prohibited. This will void the warranty.
3. Be aware of low clearance sections or roads to avoid bicycle contact with ground. Use caution when crossing ditches and gullies back wheels may hit. Use caution when entering a steep driveway or incline.
4. Pay attention to overhead height and clearances as wheels may be above the roof line of the vehicle.
5. Check that ALL bolts and nuts are tightly secured monthly.
6. Intended only for class 3 or 4 hitches (2” receiver). Warranty is void if used in a smaller hitch with an adaptor. This is dangerous and is surely overloading the small hitch.
7. Do not operate the rack without either a lock or hairpin clip on the end of the hitch bolt for safety.
8. Do not exceed 45 pounds in the center two hooks and 40 pounds max for all other hooks. 250 pounds combined max for the entire rack.
9. Remove E-Bike batteries prior to loading.
10. This rack is not intended for rugged off-road use.
11. If you lose the RED pin PLEASE contact Customer service. Do not use common hitch pins.
12. Inspect rubber hose on hooks regularly for wear. Hoses can be rotated or flipped by spraying light oil or soap in and pulling off.
13. Modification or substitution of the rack or any components in any way will void the warranty.
RACK USAGE AND CARE.
1. Load bikes from left to right if you have a full load. Load the center of the racks if not carrying a full load.
2. Load bikes with least amount of handle bar rise (upward curvature) first.
3. Wrap the cord OVER the bars (not the stem) and into the slot on the hook. The ball should touch the slot, not the knot. You can double wrap over thin bmx style cross bars or re-tie the knots shorter.
4. Adjust bungee cords so they are tight over the bars and tires. How to tie overhand knot.
5. Secure the front wheel of the bikes with a bungee to keep it from rotating at high speeds.
6. Grease or oil the red pin shaft for ease of use and long life regularly.
7. Remove any accessories from handlebars that might interfere with hooks. (gps units or lights)
8. Before driving, make sure that no part of the bikes are interfering with other bikes.
9. Monitor bar hook rubber pads for wear and cuts. You can remove them similar to how you remove slip on bike grips and rotate to a fresh area. The hose is commonly available ½” automotive heater hose.
10. Kids bikes or older bikes with really small bars and shifters may see interference with the shifter cables and bar hooks. We recommend first loosening and rotating the effected shifter so the cables go through the opening. Another option is to use a pool noodle or other foam to space up the bars so they are more centered in the hook.
11. For those that live where they salt or treat the roads in the winter we strongly recommend washing the rack with soapy water after driving on salty roads and then spraying WD-40 or similar lite oil inside the holes in all the tubes.
New coatings as of 2022
Certain components may appear different than the How-To Video.
This is an IMPROVED COATING that sticks to the holes and edges better and lasts longer than paint can. This is newer than the video and we just didn't re-shoot the video yet.
Trust the Lolo Official How-To Video here:
2023 Boss Swingout
FRP (F**$ Red Pin) Foot Activated Tilt Kit Assembly
Rad Lad Ladder Kit:
Please Note: This is a guide, it is NOT vehicle or ladder specific.
You will need to orient and align things to the slots and holes to fit your ladder.